Saturday, January 10, 2009

Knitting and cats

  • Classes are going well
  • I'm promising myself I'll read a real book after I'm done with this last romance novel (or I guess 2 since it's a 2-in-1 book)
  • Still aching, neck and mind
  • Finished the GLB for Sharon, picture below! :)
  • Got some circs for making socks, 2 on 1 needle!
  • Need to take a shower for family pictures today
Here's the finished GLB, bigger photo on my Flickr. It's really nice, I wish it were mine! (but it's probably too big for my head...

This is Milkshakes sleeping on Ha-hoon. Ha-hoon is the raccoon stuffy Shane had when he was a kid, and he used it as a pillow. Milkshakes loves to sleep and/or knead on Ha-hoon, and it's very very cute :)

I also did a little experiment (didn't snag a picture of it), where I made cookie dough and then used it as crust for a little tart. I used a stoneware muffin cup for the cookware, and lined the inside of the cup with dough. Then I put two or three spoonfuls of applesauce and a cube of apple inside. I topped that off with a little maple syrup, and then put a weave sort of top of dough, like an old-fashioned pie. Sort of like this, but tighter (not as many holes):

Then I topped the top crust with a little more maple syrup, and stuck it in the oven on 375. It only took about 10 to 12 minutes to cook, and it was still doughy, and since I left it out on the oven for a while (and had previously greased the cups with margarine) they came out easily and were delicious. I love experimenting with cooking :)

What would Megan read: Love by Design, by Nora Roberts
What would Megan listen to: Teardrop, on Mezzanine from Massive Attack
What would Megan watch: Napoleon Dynamite

No comments:

Post a Comment