Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ri-frickin-diculous

I cannot believe people who plagiarize. I hope my words are worth something, and if I use them in a way that moves people, they will credit my abilities by not claiming my writing to be their own. It frustrates me to no end when people--especially in an academic setting--subject their fellow classmates to such low standards as to copy and paste directly from a website. It's just as frustrating when they use incorrect grammar, punctuation, spelling, or conventions, but at least then it's only their own integrity they are destroying, not the integrity of another individual who has every right to be credited to their talent and hard work!

I am so disenchanted with the academe right now, and it is even more frustrating that I can't punish students who break such a serious rule. I know I shouldn't want to punish people, but I want them to fail. It's not as though they haven't had warnings (I have personally warned them!), and it's not as though they have no idea. This is college. Be responsible, or get the fuck out.

RTFM, motherfuckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment