Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lookin' good

Painting my nails.. I baked a whole chicken today! It was actually pretty easy, the hardest part was making sure it was defrosted and battling the smoke detector during cooking. I'm deathly afraid of the apartment's fire alarms (these giant, scary looking, office-grade alarms connected with metal pipes all around the building), so I refuse to disable the smoke detector because it warns us before the fire alarms go us. Although, there really was no fire, and my chicken turned out great. Shane did most of the work, but I made the seasoning and told him how to do everything. And I pulled out the lungs or liver, I'm not sure which it was. I don't really like handling raw meat, and I was in the middle of doing 3 hours worth of dishes. I also papered my dishes cupboards (previously were scantily clad in the ugliest paper ever, and where they weren't clad, they were sticky or gross), and reorganized the dishes, pots, pans, mixing bowls, appliances, tupperware, utensils, and cooking accessories. I found that easier than papering a drawer is finding some fabric and folding it up nicely, sort of like a little pillow for whatever goes in the drawer. I also consolidated our junk drawers (we had two) and had Shane sort the result out. Yay for progress! Here's what I've been doing:

Nails. This stuff is FABULOUS for doing nails. It's Avon's quick dry spray, and within 10 seconds it makes your nail polish/topcoat/base coat/whatever dry. Sweet!

And here they are, filed and base-coated. I still haven't decided if I want red nails or natural nails...

Writing/Drawing. For a couple days I literally had to get up and draw or write because I couldn't sleep with all the images and words dancing in my head. I think it's one way I deal with pain, and it's certainly pain I'm feeling, losing my uncle.


Shrinky-dinks. I've been thinking about opening a page on Etsy, and selling my stuff, since we're certainly not rolling in dough, but I am rolling in craft supplies! These ones are an idea I have for earrings. They're swans, I think, but at least some kind of bird.

These two will be pendants. I'll call them, respectively, "Freeform" and "Jungle." They haven't been shrunked yet, but I forgot to ask my mom to bring the hole punch, so they'll have to wait some more.

Last but not least, knitting! Here's the progress on my turtle, it's just the body. I hope Jo will like it! All I need to do is pick up stitches along the side for legs, head, and a tiny tail. So cute! The diameter is shorter than my pinky finger.

Here's my progress on Sharon's GLB. It's looking pretty fine, if I do say so myself. 22 pattern rows down, 14 to go...

This is my very own knitting spool, in the shape of a mushroom :) It makes i-cord really quick, and it's super easy to use, and HEY it's a mushroom. Awesome.

This is mad scientist knitter Megan's latest experiment, knitting with wire. I think it looks pretty swell for a first try, and I'd definitely have to practice, but I can see potential. There are patterns for knitted wire earrings on Knitty.com, but I kind of want to make my own pattern. I don't know that I can sell something I made with someone else's pattern, or that I feel okay doing that, even if I can.

I've thoroughly exhausted my latest doings, and neglected to decide whether or not I want color on my nails, so it's out to smoke and read and make an impulse decision I'll probably renig when I get inside.

Also, there is going to be a Gears of War 3! Exciting!

What would Megan listen to: Amplified Heart from Everything But the Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment